What are your thoughts on having the option to apply for OSM Foundation membership based on sizeable contribution to the project? Please read the proposal and comment using your preferred method from the ones listed :)
LibreSpeed - Speedtest - Free and Open Source Speedtest: https://librespeed.org/
Zoom vs. Jitsi:
– Neither Zoom nor Jitsi are always end-to-end encrypted.
Always talk about pros and cons. Don't skip the drawbacks of so-called "alternatives."
We are delighted to receive $10K in funding from @mozilla this week. We pitched CryptPad to the MOSS Open Source Seed Award back in February at #FOSDEM. We will use these funds to improve loading times.
What if you could replace a broken phone screen, by yourself, in under 5 minutes? Fairphone 3 is the only smartphone in the world to be awarded a perfect 10 out of 10 repairability score by iFixit. 🛠️ 🌍 Available now 👉 : https://frphn.co/nvI6X
Ladies and gentlemen, SMASH is finally here!!
The digital field mapping app for both #IOS and #Android can be finally installed and used. By everyone. More information here: https://jgrasstechtips.blogspot.com/2020/04/smash-100-is-out-your-geopaparazzi-for.html Manuale and source access from the #geopaparazzi homepage.
Best Raspberry Pi Operating Systems for Various Purposes - 10 SD cards means 10 different uses https://itsfoss.com/raspberry-pi-os/
- #qTox is overall good, but supports only two participants on video calls
- #Jitsi is also good, but video isn't (natively?) supported in Safari
- #Jami seems good, but might not work well outside of GNU/Linux
- #BigBlueButton seems okay, minus tracking on their website
- #Nextcloud is what I suspect would work best, but I haven't tried Talk (yet)
The services offered on hostux.net:
- https://hostux.social - Mastodon
- https://dns.hostux.net - DoH DNS server
- https://hostux.pw - Cryptpad
- https://hostux.im - xmpp server
- https://hostux.ninja - disposable email addresses
- https://rss.hostux.net - RSS client
- https://paste.hostux.net - pastebin
- https://hostux.cloud - Nextcloud
- https://hostux.pics - image hosting
- https://passwd.hostux.net - password manager
- https://git.hostux.net - Gitea
The @email@example.com Membership Working Group requests community comment on a proposal to waive the membership fee for mappers who map at least 42 days/yr. https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Working_Group_Minutes/MWG_2020-01-19
#GISatHome Day 2:
Everyone knows #OpenStreetMap, but do you know how it was born, who is the community behind it, why you should contribute & how to add data?
Here some resources to get started:
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!